- All network devices on campus will require an IP change. We are moving from our current Class B (128.169.x.x) into a new Class B (160.36.x.x). All IPs on campus will have a 160.36.x.x address.
- There will be one subnet per building.
- DII will administer all DHCP/DNS servers on campus. Individual departments will not administer their own servers.
- DII will also administer redundant WINS servers.
- Each computer must be registered on the network. We will have a web-based registration process.
- Servers, printers, and UNIX workstations will receive static IP addresses.