Why is my PC no longer able to run Netscape or check my mail?
Problem: Why can I no longer run Netscape or check my mail on my Windows 95 or 98 PC?
Reason: Part of the VolNet project is to assign new network numbers (IP addresses). Your PC my not have requested a new address.
Solution 1: Perform a release and renew of the IP address by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Start menu and select Run from the list.
- Type winipcfg at the prompt and hit the Enter key. The following window will appear:
- Click on the down arrow and select your network card from the list. Do not select PPP Adaptor.
- Click on the Release button.
- Click on the Renew button.
- You should now see a 160.36.x.x IP address.
- Try Netscape or Internet Explorer to see if it works properly.