Why is my Macintosh Server not Appearing in my Chooser?
Problem: I can no longer get to my AppleShare (Macintosh) server outside my building.
Reason: The protocol that allows Macintoshes to log into Apple servers is disabled between buildings to streamline the UT network.
Solution 1: If you have a Macintosh that is running System 7.5.5 or newer, perform the following: (If you need to upgrade your software, please call LAN and Desktop Support at 974-9800 and select option 2).
- Click on the menu and select the Chooser.
- Click on the AppleShare icon in the upper left portion of the screen.
- Click on the Server IP Address button.
- Type in the IP name or number for the Apple server. If you do not know this number, please call the server administrator or your First Responder.
- Log into the server using your username and password.
- Select the disks from the list that you would like to work with. Click OK.
- Close the Chooser.
- If this is a server you want to use often, click on each one of the server icons on your Desktop. Select the File menu and choose Make Alias.
- Anytime you would like to use this server all you have to do is double-click on the alias and log in.